14K Solid Gold contains more than 41.7% of pure gold. Gold purity is defined by its karatage/carat and ranges from 9K to 24K (with 24K being 100% pure gold).
24K Solid Gold is typically very soft and not suitable for fine jewellery. We only use 14K gold to ensure your jewellery is still able to be durable and long-lasting.
All of our Solid Gold pieces are ethically sourced from India and Hong Kong.
- Solid gold is safe to wear in the water
- Solid gold is suitable for fresh and healing ear piercings.
- To maintain shine, regularly use a blue polishing cloth to wipe away dirt, sweat, chemicals etc.
- Solid gold is the most suitable material for sensitive and easily irritated skin
- For a deep cleanse, soak your solid gold in a bowl of water with a bit of mild dish detergent. Let it soak, then give a light scrub and dry well with a clean cloth.
- Store your solid gold in your A&S box to avoid moisture and metal on metal rubbing.
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver and typically contains 92.5% of silver and 7.5% of other metals. Pure silver is very soft and malleable, this is why it is mixed with 7.5% of other metals. This ensures the jewelry will be hold it's shape and be more durable over time.
All of our sterling silver pieces are crafted with a thick layer on either Rhodium or 18K Gold.
- Sterling Silver is safe to wear in water.
- Sterling silver is prone to tarnish and dull over time so it is important to use a silver polish cloth to wipe and clean your jewelry regularly.
- Keep your sterling silver away from skincare, detergents and perfumes to avoid erosion
For a deep cleanse, use gentle toothpaste, or mix baking soda and water together and wrap your jewelry in aluminium foil for 5-10mins before gently wiping it away, rinsing with water and patting it dry.
- We recommend removing your jewelry when doing physical exercise and entering salt or chlorinated water.
- Store your jewelry in your S-kin Studio pouch or box to avoid moisture and metal on metal rubbing.
Not to be confusing with plating, PVD (physical vapour disposition) is a variety of vacuum deposition methods.
PVD titanium is considered to be one of the best materials for piercings. It's hypoallergenic so suitable if you are sensitive to certain metals, tarnish resistant and very durable.
- PVD titanium is safe to wear in the water
- PVD titanium is suitable for fresh and healing ear piercings.
- To maintain shine, regularly use a microfibre polishing cloth to wipe away dirt, sweat, chemicals etc.
- PVD titanium is suitable for sensitive and easily irritated skin.
- For a deep cleanse, soak your pieces in a bowl of water with a bit of mild dish detergent. Let it soak, then give a light scrub and dry well with a clean cloth or baby toothbrush.
- Store your pieces in your A&S gift box to avoid moisture and metal on metal rubbing.